Sunday, April 3, 2011

15. The Space Museum


This is another episode I've never seen before and it is a pretty good episode for the most part.

To begin I like how they play with time here. The TARDIS crew see themselves as exhibits at a museum and quickly realize this is their coming future. It isn't as advanced as Stephen Moffat perhaps but it's a start and something that the show doesn't do incredibly often.

I'm not sure if the 'space museum with human exhibits" is terribly original but maybe it was for the time. Maybe it's not as common as I think it is...

I continue to think Ian is great, which is unfortunate because his departure from the show is imminent. However he truly has become a hero companion and I almost feel myself cheering him on - knowing the crew is safe as long as Ian is around. It sounds pretty lame when I read it but it is what it is.

I like the revolution/slave race/decadent empire angle that they added to the story. It didn't really make it feel too epic. Perhaps the "armies" drew me back down to earth? I guess 3 or 4 guys trying to pretend they are the planet's entire population will be a "trick" throughout the classic series...but alas...

I walked away feeling pretty good about this episode overall. It wasn't a classic but I think it's worth a watch.

Ranking: 7/10 (above average)

No comments:

Post a Comment